Yellow Foot Prints Forums

Yellow Foot Prints Forums (http://yellowfootprints.com/forums/index.php)
-   Future Marines (http://yellowfootprints.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Welcome to the future Marine Discussion forum. (http://yellowfootprints.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37)

Marine1955 05-05-2009 09:07 PM

To New recruit wanna be's

To all who want to wear the EAGLE , GLOBE , AND ANCHOR , be advise this is no game, once you commit to it your in for the long hall . We that are in and who have served take the honor of being a Marine very, very seriously. We may not see eye to eye on somethings but we do see eye to eye on one thing and that is the Pride we take in being the one and only the U.S.MARINE's. So before you take the oath of a Marine think it out then say to yourself do I want to be the best there is and if you say yes then commit to being the best,be a Marine.

stan wahl 06-10-2011 02:29 PM

The Title

Civillians cannot and will not understand us
because they are not one of us.
The Corps-We love it,live it
and shall die for it.If you have never been in
it you shall never understand it.....
Semper Fi MARINES....Carry on..................

stan wahl 06-10-2011 02:37 PM

The Title part 2

It cannot be inheritied nor can it ever be purchased.
you and no one alive can buy it for any price.
It is impossible to rent and it cannot be lent.
You alone and our own have earned it
with your sweat,blood and lives.
You own it forever....
The title.."United States Marine"

Chuck 06-29-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine1955 (Post 22730)
To all who want to wear the EAGLE , GLOBE , AND ANCHOR , be advise this is no game, once you commit to it your in for the long hall . We that are in and who have served take the honor of being a Marine very, very seriously. We may not see eye to eye on somethings but we do see eye to eye on one thing and that is the Pride we take in being the one and only the U.S.MARINE's. So before you take the oath of a Marine think it out then say to yourself do I want to be the best there is and if you say yes then commit to being the best,be a Marine.

Marine1955 your post brings tears to Cpl Miller I am sure. But then he cries about everything when it comes to being a Marine. I have told him he could have some of my time but he would have to earn it. He is still trying to figure out that one.

Cpl Miller 06-29-2013 05:39 PM

It should

bring tears to every Marines eyes....Well except officers, they don't cry, they get even. yuk yuk

SIR, YES SIR

GAbornNbred 08-09-2013 12:01 PM

My son is leaving for Parris Island, Sept 3rd, from Atlanta.
His mother and I are giving him a send-off "get-together" with family and friends.

Any suggestions as far as what need or should be said/done at this event?

Chuck 08-09-2013 12:20 PM

The best advise you can give to him is say nothing. Anything you say may be wrong anyway. Boot Camp will do their own thing. They will get him off that bus, tear him down, and then rebuild him into a Marine.

Just remember one thing. While he is in boot camp and before he gets those globe and anchors he is a recruit. All of us that have gone before him know that a recruit is lower then dirt. A sand flea has more rank.

When he gets his first leave (normally after boot camp) he will be a different person then the one you know now.

Just think he will even say yes sir and no sir to you.

Cpl Miller 08-10-2013 07:50 AM

I know this is

a little after the game but one thing that changes in us all after boot camp is how aggressive we become. That aggressiveness may seem a little out of place for some that enter boot camp but it's what gives us the strength to fight.

Semper Fi

Carry on Marines