Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Open Communications [Main Page] > Enlisted Club

Enlisted Club [Main Page]
As any Marine who has tipped a beer in one of the base clubs knows ANYTHING can and usually does happen at an Enlisted Club.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:26 PM

Walking Post

During the Cuban crisis, we were detailed to walk post. We were stationed at Coronado, Calif. It would have made a little more sense if we walked on the Pacific Ocean side of the base then where we did. We walk post of the San Diego Bay side of Coronado. First we walked with M-1's, then they took them away and we carry 45s. These were replaced with night sticks which seem to have been used to knock rock around during the walks. Anyway, I was walking post with a 45 and it was getting light out. As I got to about the middle of the walk, there was a person standing with his gear ready to go into the bay. It was members of UDT that were going in the water. As I passed by, he said that they were going into the water for training and to please make sure I identified them before I started shooting. He looked serious when he said this. I smiled and continued on. Was relieved before they finished whatever they were doing. I think the walking post was secured that morning.

wlkin
Old 12-29-2008, 02:28 PM

When I was there it was Seal School,I was at IBS training,we guarded 1/4 area.It was the only post that I ever was at stateside.Where we walked post with loaded shotguns.
Commander at the Seal schools orders,Seals hate us Jarheads