Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > Boot Camp Database Updates

Boot Camp Database Updates [Main Page]
This announcement section covers any new updates to our boot camp database.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Parris Island info on requesting grad pics, etc.

16. How do I get a copy of my individual portrait photo from recruit training?

Photos of individual Marines in dress blues are archived for 4 years. Call the recruit photo office at 843-228-1555 for information on ordering reprints. Please have as much information as possible, including the Marine's full name, platoon, company, battalion and graduation date.

17. How do I get a copy of my platoon photo from recruit training?

Group photos of platoons are permanently archived, although some have been lost or destroyed over the years. Call the recruit photo office at 843-228-1555 for information on ordering reprints. Please have as much information as possible, including the platoon, company, battalion and graduation date.

18. How do I get a copy of my yearbook-style platoon graduation books?

The yearbook-style platoon graduation books are only available for order/purchase before and around the graduation date. Copies are not overproduced for future availability, nor are extra copies archived. Those searching for old books are advised to search online auction or classified sales sites, or seek out reunion groups or other members of the unit for anyone who might have an extra copy.

19. How do I order videos of a recruit graduation?

Videos of recruit graduation ceremonies after Nov. 4, 1999, are available on DVD to purchase. For graduations from Nov. 15, 2013, or later, visit http://www.earningthetitle.com for ordering instructions and pricing. For graduations between Nov. 4, 1999, and Nov. 1, 2013, call 1-800-889-6734 for information. (Note: videos were produced by external commercial video production companies contracted with the U.S. Marine Corps.)

20. How do I get a copy of personnel records, platoon rosters, training records, etc.?

Parris Island does not keep personnel records of former recruits, drill instructors or other military personnel stationed here in the past, nor do we keep track of their current whereabouts. Those searching for former service members are advised to search the internet for sites and organizations (i.e. Marine Corps League, Drill Instructor Association, etc.) that may be of assistance. The Marine Corps Association also accepts free submissions for its "Reader Assistance" section of Leatherneck Magazine; visit http://www.mca-marines.org/leatherne...elines#Readers for details.

For procedures on requesting archived military personnel records, visit the National Archives website: http://archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/ (Please note: accessing these records are typically only granted to the owners of the records or their family members.)
Old 08-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Thanks cmyr that's some great information. I did a sticky on this thread so it will hang around the top for a while.....then I'll do it again.

Thanks again

Semper Fi

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com