Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Open Communications [Main Page] > Marine Corps League

Marine Corps League [Main Page] Announce your new detachment, notify Marines of an event or fund raising.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:14 AM

Monthly meeting

Had our monthly meeting last night and had 13 people in attendance two of which were new members and one headed OCS (over choppie seas)in about two weeks.
Selected the 2009 - 2010 officers for the detachment and all are staying the same with the exception of the Commandant and we added a secretary for the Adjutant/Paymaster. Instalation of Officers will occur on May 21st with a buffet afterwards. This will be my third year as Sergeant At Arms and said if someone wanted the job I would gladly give it up but no takers. We did change the JAG as he is in bad health and has health issues.
The other big thing was the Expo at Camp LeJeune this coming Wednesday and Thursday so if you are in the area stop by and see us, a lot of free stuff will be yours for the asking.
May 2nd is Vietnam Recogination Day and there will be a ceremony at the local veterans cemetary starting at 11 am, it is open to the public. I will have the Detachment and MODD colors there.
Semper Fidelis my brothers and sisters and if you are not a member of the Marine Corps League and was a prior service or current, retired marine or FMF Corpsman you can join our ranks.