Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > Announcements/Updates

Announcements/Updates [Main Page]
Announcements and News Posted Here -

Old 10-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Attention On Deck...

Even though you can access the web site and post, we are still not done with the site move to our final server location. This site is being hosting in a temperary hosting service until we get all the bugs worked out. Once that happens we'll be moving the site again to it's final location..... I know this is a pain in the ass, but has to be done to ensure we won't have problems in the future.

ALL database data as well as forum input data, and member information has been backed up to ensure there is no loss of information.

Just a heads up

Carry On Marines!!
Old 02-19-2016, 10:13 PM
Visiting Worker Bee

Hello Men, Women, Girls, and boys.

I wanted to let you all know that our server crashed (mainly because of what I was told was age. Our server was only 6 years old. But that must be all a server can take. It went down 3 days ago.

After seeing it would cost more to repair then to replace we decided to go with all "New" So today we are on line with a "all new" server. We were lucky because we had very good backups and did not lose a thing. It's hard to remember when you have to load all the new settings for the server hardware. But it slowly comes back as we worked on it. And as they say... we did not need the missed sleep anyway. I did sleep 5 or 6 hours over the last 3 days. I let Cpl Miller sleep for me.

So, please enjoy your yellow foot prints web page again.

Semper Fi Marines

My Web Page http://marinechat.com/marinechuck/
Old 02-20-2016, 03:16 AM
Administrator

Great job Chuck!

Old 02-20-2016, 08:51 AM
Administrator

HAND SOLUTE.......

Great job Chuck and Jon for all your hard work. Closing and moving my business has afforded me not much sleep but nice try Chuck. ha ha ha

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 02-21-2016, 07:16 PM
Visiting Worker Bee

I guess as old office pog I can be wrong.. I'm sorry I was wrong... I'm getting to be just a very old Major that no longer knows how to be a Major or battalion level commander/manager.

I said that my server was six (6) years old when it went out. It was not six years old. It was 8 years old. I guess 8 years old is worse then being 6 years old.

But because we did such a good job backing things up when we moved your web forums to my server it became very easy this time.

When my server went down it was all at once. No warning.. no noise, and no blinking of lights.. Just poooffffffffff and out.

Two things happened. One of my 2 - 16 gig RAM sims went out. The second thing was my video card went out. The cooling fan on it came apart. When the cooling fan came apart.. zap the video card got hot and burnt out. I don't know if the fooling fan caused the RAM to burn out or if the RAM caused the cooling fan to burn out. But they both went out about the same time. When that happens you have no server. I could have saved the hard drive. But because it was already 8 years old and I had good backups I just went ahead and replaced it. So thanks to Gary, Jack, and the rest of you that helped on the move last time we are in business. I have we had it made this time. The reason it took 3 days getting the server back on line was because I had to order the new server and have it shipped over night. But that was actually 2 nights and one day. Then a day loading the Linux operating system and the rest of the time loading the backups to the software. It would have been a little faster but as I said I am getting old and I have for gotten a lot of the Linux software commands. But they all come back with time.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:05 PM

Oh No! Corky0566 was here....Be back later...
Old 02-23-2016, 02:19 PM

Site up?

Warning: require(pp-inc.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/yellscom/yearbook/index.php on line 22

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'pp-inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/apache2/lib/php') in /home/yellscom/yearbook/index.php on line 22

The above is the message I get when I go to the bootcamp database.
I can get into MCC but not the book database.
Is this just me?
Old 02-24-2016, 11:40 AM

NO,
I got the same messges when I checked as a guest and as a logged in member.

I noticed that "APACHE2" IS referenced in the second message Did Apache get upgraded during the transfer to the new server, and this is the cause of the error messages?

Richard (4065/4063, computer programmer at USMC Retirement)
MCL KC Det#766 - SGT-at-ARMS
MOS's4065/4063(First MOS 5541)
Old 02-25-2016, 09:01 PM
Visiting Worker Bee

The year book is back on line. Some how it was moved to a different location on the internet.

Semper Fi Marines

Old 02-26-2016, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Although this post is in response to Major Edmond's post..see link I wanted to send this message out to all members of the site.
http://www.yellowfootprints.com/foru...threadid=14041

Chuck...Sir,

Do NOT cut yourself short Sir, you are still a leader of Marines old or not and that will NEVER change. What you and Jon do for this web site and it's members attest to your commitment to your Marines. As for Jon, here is a man that isn't even a Marine yet he knows how important this web site is to our brother and sister Marines. Jon the level of commitment you bring to the table is nothing less than OUTSTANDING and I thank you for that commitment.

I never get tired of saying this but this mission we're on in returning history is not now or ever has been a one man (Marine) show. It's about people like Chuck, and Jon, and so many others who work behind the scenes to make this all happen. I don't need to name names because you know who you are.

With out you Marines and non-Marines and your support this site wouldn't be what it has become. The proof of importance is what the stats tell us, in any given month this site (Yellow Footprints) has over 200,000 pages views alone. I'll have to check and see what the visitor count is but I know it's high.

So in closing let me extend a HAND SOLUTE to all of you that support this web site and it's mission.

This brother and sisterhood is alive and well......

Semper Fi

Gary
Cpl Miller

Old 02-26-2016, 10:20 AM
Visiting Worker Bee

Does anyone have a hankie? I must have tears in my eyes.

Jon is the one that is the master of code.

Old 02-26-2016, 01:09 PM
Administrator

That or you dropped your walker and fell into the pool. ha ha