Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > Announcements/Updates

Announcements/Updates [Main Page]
Announcements and News Posted Here -

Old 01-06-2018, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Happy New Years to one and all

January 6, 2018
First let me pass on a Happy New Year to you and yours.
With 2017 behind us we at Yellow Footprints are looking forward to the new year of 2018, we expect it to be another great year of carrying on our mission of returning history. It’s hard to believe we are going on our 16th year on this great mission we took on back in 2002.
For those of you who are new to the site and our mission let me give you a little background. In 2002 with the purchase of the domain name of Yellow Footprints we started on a mission to not only building a useful web site for you Marines but to include on the site a database that encapsulated scanned graduation books and platoon pictures. Over the years we became the only privately held web site with a large collection of Marine Corps graduation books going back to the first year both Parris Island and San Diego published said books (1959). Our collection of platoon picture goes as far back as 1929 to present day. It’s an honor to be recognized by both the Marine Corps Historical Society of San Diego and Parris Island for our efforts over the years.
So what does returning history mean? In the beginning the site was to help Marines and or their families connect. We provided a forum where Marines could post their search for other Marines they served with. As the years went by our collection of graduation books and platoon picture grew to a level that Marines were being sent to us by such organizations as the Marine Corps Historical Societies and even the Pentagon in search of their graduation books and or book camp platoon pictures.
As you Marines know, these books reflect your experiences in becoming a Marine. From the first day of standing on those Yellow foot prints to graduation day these books put in pictures that experience…Hence your history
As Marines found we had copies of their long lost cherished books request started flowing in to purchase these books from our collection. From the very beginning our commitment to you Marines was to NEVER sell these books for it would be like selling your history, and that would never do.
Returning history is about giving back, giving back that history each of you created and earned by becoming a United States Marines. So the decision was made years ago that instead of selling these books and pictures we would GIVE them away free of charge to those of you who had lost their books and or pictures over the years. Like they say, giving is better than receiving.
As a side note let me add that this mission we’re on is NOT a one Marine mission if you will. There are many who support this mission that stand in the background. From admin, to web site monitors, to server technical support. To the many volunteers who support our mission with book donations and last but not least Marines who have personally visited recruit training facilities to inventory their books for our database. Without the help of these special people Yellow Footprints would not be what it is today, and I thank each and every one of them for their support.
So there you have it, another year gone and another year we’re all looking forward to…The mission continues. For those of you who do not have your platoon listed in our database you can submit that information to my email listed below. Please include place of boot camp, year, month and platoon number AT graduation time.
Again Happy New Years to one and all.
In closing I’d like to remind you we do have a sister web site I hope you will take the time to stop in and say hi…www.militarycommcenter.com that lists under Yellow foot prints.

Semper Fi
Cpl Miller USMC 1964 – 1970
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 01-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Update!!

Since sending out my Happy New Years message to all our members our email has been BLOWN out with message of support and request for help. Pleas now we are answering these emails as fast as we can so I ask that you be patient we WILL get back to each of you.

Semper Fi

Gary
Admin

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
www.militarycommcenter.com