Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > Obituaries Updates

Obituaries Updates [Main Page]
This section covers updates or new additions to our obituaries database.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:50 AM

Dorothy B. Toth 91, Indianapolis, IN.

Dorothy B. Toth 91 years young, passed away Saturday, May 23rd at Community East Hospital Hospice, surrounded by beloved family members.
Dorothy was born September 7th, 1917 to Lloyd and Lois (Anglin) Bottorff in Plymonth, Indiana. Being raised in the depression years, Dorothy worked hard at her fathers bait & tackle business, and her grandparents farm. After graduating from Plymonth High School, she worked at a bank in South Bend, Indiana until enlisting in the United States Marine Corps during WWII because "everyone was expected to do their duty to their country". While stationed in Washington D.C., Dorothy met her future husband, also a Marine, Platoon Sgt. Joseph Toth, who had served in various campaigns in the South Pacific with the 2nd Marine Division. They were married on March 17th, 1945.
Besides her parents, Dorothy was preceded in death by her husband, Joseph; a sister, Kathryn Bottorff - Reichert; and a brother, Joel Bottorff.
Dorothy loved being around family and had a fantasyic sense of humor and a positive attitude that she held on to the very end.
She was a member of Faith United Methodist Church, Indianapolis.
Visitation will be held Wednesday, May 27, 2009 from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at Shirly Brothers Washington Memorial Chapel, 9606 E. Washington St., with funeral services Thursday at 2:00 p.m.
Survivors include her sons, John, David, and James Toth; their wives, Della, Angela, and Janet Toth, whom Dorothy loved dearly and refered to as the "Daughters I never had"; nine grandchildren; 13 great grandchildren; and one great great grandchild.
Memorial contributions may be made to Community Hospital East Hospice.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:51 PM

Hello, I am so sorry to hear of Dorothys passing. I was really hoping to get back in touch with her. My name is Jody, Joes brother George was my grandpa, he and his wife Dorothy raised me.

I would love to hear from you. I am so very sorry for your loss.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:43 AM

Hi Jody!

Jody, I'm your cousin Susie! I am Joe's grandaughter, daughter of Dave Toth. I know you've communicated with my uncle Jim and my stepmom Angie. I am very excited to get to know you! Jim is going to forward your e-mail address to me, but sadly is at his father-in-law's funeral today. I am 39, live in Indianapolis and am married with two boys. Talk to you soon!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:28 PM

Hi Susie- I am so excited to hear from you! Your family seems wonderful and are quite nice. I've also spoken to Janet. Please feel free to contact me, I hope to speak to your Dad to at some point. Seems you and I have some things in common. LOL So nice to meet some more cousins!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:31 AM

I asked Jim again for your e-mail. I was leary of posting mine on here. Hopefully you'll hear from me soon!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Just a heads up,

Susie,

Posting your email address on these forums is allowed, personal information like your home phone number and address are not however. If for no other reason than your security.

Sorry to jump in the middle of your thread here but thought you"d like to know.

Admin

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 06-30-2009, 04:55 AM

Thank you for letting me know! I was actually afraid of spammers getting a hold of it. Not that any of your true members are such, but they tend to invade any kind of website.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Susie,

I fully understand your concern about posting your email, this is one reason most sites like our's gives you a private way to send emails without the concern about spaming your accout.

If I haven't said it before, let me saying it now.....WELCOME ABOARD MARINE!!

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com